Traffic is critical to the success of the company as it oversees
revenue dollars by managing and scheduling of programming, commercial,
promotional inventory and secondary events for our "on-air"
broadcasts of INSP, INI and client networks. The estimated revenue
dollars associated with Traffic is in excess of $80 million.
The Senior Manager of this department oversees the Traffic staff (3
FTEs) and manages and monitors the day-to-day operations. This
position is responsible for the prompt and accurate execution of
broadcast logs for three networks. The manager assumes a leadership
role within our Network Operations and consistently looks to
streamline processes and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency
of the Traffic department.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, design, develop and improve the Traffic team’s departmental
effectiveness and efficiency base on structure, processes and
traffic system (Broadway).
- Evaluate and look for revenue opportunities by manipulating
scheduled sales inventory to allow for maximum revenue placement.
Provide updates to the Sales department of daily/weekly available
opportunities to increase sales revenue.
- Communicate with key organizational stakeholders (Sales) to
identify and address both opportunities and reconciliation of any
- Build strong relationships with our Partners and Clients
throughout the organization to ensure all traffic initiatives are
aligned and successful in their implementation.
- Review and evaluate Traffic department staff and deploy their
resources effectively and efficiently supporting the operations of
INSP and INI Networks.
- Manage the Traffic system vendor (Operative/Broadway) to ensure
organizational and operational requirements are maintained. This
includes the implementation of new software upgrades and the
associated data is secure and accessible.
- Ensure the Networks’ strategy of 93.7 % is maintained daily,
monthly and yearly.
- Work as a team member within our Network Operations areas to
ensure the structure and support for Master Control/Media Center,
Network Services and Traffic are aligned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the receipt, review and implementation all commercial
instructions and revisions.
- Ensure that all commercial, promotional and secondary events are
scheduled accurately into Broadway (Traffic system).
- Create dub lists for Media Center.
- Provide quality control from management level of daily sales
- Review and research log and copy as requested by both Sales and Agency.
- Supervise the assignment of Paid Programming into Traffic system (Broadway).
- Ensure the creation of paid program dub lists.
- Review and research log and copy as requested by both Sales and
Agency for all networks.
- Manually adjust commercial placement based on highest dollars
and/or order type.
- Review for advertiser and product separation.
- Review log variance reports for accuracy.
- Ensure broadcast logs are delivered (both hard copy and digital
files) to NOC and be available to provide direction to the
Operations staff during off hours.
- Create dub lists for non-paid promos, sponsorship graphics and
promo credits elements for Media Center.
- Identify content to be restored/removed from operational archives
and create restore inventory for upcoming broadcast needs.
- Ensure the accuracy and architecture of the program formats from
data provided by our partners and clients outlining the
content/sales/promo/graphics and other key information for the
successful playout for the networks.
- Communicate with Sales Leadership, Acct Execs and Ad Agencies for
missing commercial copy and/or media while looking for additional
- Communicate and work as team lead and team player with other INSP
departments (Programming, Promotions, Sales, NOC/Media Center) to
ensure these groups strategies and initiatives are successfully implemented.
- Communicate errors in traffic scheduled to allow for correction
and maximizing revenue availability and opportunities.
- Review and research orders, logs and copy based on client request.
Provide research and documentation on sales concerns and discrepancies.