The Accountant I responsibilities include assisting accounts payable
staff with daily and monthly accounting functions using Great Plains
accounting software and AvidExchange workflow management. Emphasis on
assisting VP Tax and Treasury with business tax and compliance filings
for multiple for-profit and non-profit companies. This position has
the potential for growth depending on the applicant’s desire and
ability to take on additional responsibilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Accounts Payable Staff.
- Assist with filing annually Form 1099 and all year-end related
state withholding documents.
- Assist with multiple Sales and Use tax filings.
- Monitor professional publications for changes in state sales tax
laws and identify potential new filing authorities.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned and prepare journal entries.
- Oversee and coordinate filing of multiple state Charitable
Solicitation annual reports in 19 states.
- Assist with work paper preparation for auditors and outside tax preparers.
- Prepare and file property tax returns.
- Prepare and file withholding tax returns.
- File Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR).
- Assist with international tax filing requirements including Form
8802 residency certification.
- File annual reports with Secretary of State for 18 companies in 6 states.
- Assist with timely submissions of Form 1120, 990 and 990-T federal
and state tax filings.
- Upon learning AP processing, recommend AP process improvements.
- Periodically update workflow and process documentation.
- Assist with income tax provision.
- Compliance reporting with states for unclaimed property.
- Serve as administrator for online banking platforms.
- Troubleshoot daily transaction issues and resolve efficiently.
- Set-up and review ACH and wire disbursements.
- Prepare daily cash concentration on the company’s global cash position.
- Additional treasury duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned.