INSP has an opening for a Master Control operator who is a
self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player.
The candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air
channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing
playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control
of on air product, and documenting daily discrepancy reports. This
person is responsible to verify a daily playlist and to prepare
material for on-air playback via an automation system for multiple
24/7 Cable TV broadcast feeds. This position may also backfill on
various shifts to ensure 24-hour coverage of the master control. A
rotating shift may occur to aid in covering shift schedules.
- Monitoring multiple air channels and overseeing network continuity
through automation and redundancy systems.
- Preview playlists to ensure that all assets are available and
ready for broadcast as scheduled.
- Evaluate technical quality and assure standards are being met.
- Editing and managing of on-air logs, automation playlists and
server device management.
- Position will also include preparation, trimming and ingest of
file-based program material.
- Report equipment problems to Engineering and perform emergency workarounds.
- Follow standard engineering procedures and recommended guidelines.
- Continue to exceed expectations in on-air reliability and customer
service for all Network Operations Center clientele.
- May be assigned to other duties as necessary for emergency or
special operating conditions.
- Maintain operating program logs for verification of on-air
programming according to FCC rules and regulations.
- Submits timely discrepancy reports on scheduling, traffic and on
- Ensure Closed Captioning and distribution feed routing is accurate.